Friday, April 10, 2009

Stupidphone

So, I jumped on the smartphone bandwagon about a month ago. Compared to other young professionals, I'm a little slow to adopt new technology, at least if it's expensive. I got my first cell phone in 2003. I got a PDA at the same time, and I have been carrying two separate devices ever since. Until last month.


I got the smartphone because I believe they have finally reached the point of integrating the various communication and productivity tools I use better than I can do manually with two separate devices, and because I thought it would save me enough time to be worth the money invested. So far, I'm not getting much of a return on my investment.


But I'm still optimistic. After all, I expected a learning curve. I still hope that once I know how to use this thing, the ability to check my email instantly, search the web instantly and check my schedule instantly wherever I am will save me time. And if not, hey, at least I look cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment